Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Please stop calling me Surly

With the high price of gas, I am always trying to think of alternatives to using the car. Today's idea: Use the bike trailer and take the boys to the post office to mail a package. What fun this will be I thought, the outdoors, pedaling through the neighborhood, a quick stop at the post office and then off to a nearby playground. The reality: The boys are kind of surly. Every time I looked back to check on them, neither of them looked like they were having much fun and at one point, I got a "Could you please slow down?" In my defense, that was going downhill and there were a couple of bumpy spots. Of course, not until we were loading up for the trip home did I notice the top line on the warnings printed on the seat of the trailer: Not intended for infants under 18 months. That might explain why RTR wasn't having a good time... he doesn't have the physical ability to stop from slumping over in the canvas seat. Also, he's got a bad bike helmet. CSR's problem... he's probably too big for the trailer. Too big, too tiny, too surly. They were both glad when we got home.

No comments: