Monday, March 16, 2009

Brothers

We've hit a milestone... at least CSR and RTR seem to have. Playing in the backyard together. CSR headed out to the backyard to play Friday afternoon. RTR (aka Mr. Me Too) of course, couldn't be left inside. He put on his boots, pulled me over to the coat rack and pointed to his vest. This fleece vest that's almost too small. It's tight across RTR's middle, reminding me of a middle aged man with a spare tire. But I digress. So once zipped into his vest, he heads outside too. First I see him carefully scooping up water and dumping it back into the muddy soup that's developed in the sandbox. A little while later, RTR is following CSR along the back fence, carefully stepping along the rocks trying to keep up. Both wearing their rubber boots. Another glance out the window and I see the two of them and what looks like them having a conversation with RTR pointing at something and CSR saying something. And then it's all topped off with a soft knock at the door. I open the front (!) door to find both of them smiling, ready to come in.

No comments: