Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of First Grade


After days (weeks?) of anticipation (mine), the first day of school arrived for CSR. His expression in the first picture pretty much sums up how he felt about the whole thing. I can't believe I got such a lousy picture. Anyway, CSR wasn't too thrilled about returning to school. He started complaining yesterday of a headache and stomach ache and fell asleep before dinner. I figured it was just nerves. He still wasn't very perky this morning, again us assuming it was just the usual reluctance for new situations. There were some teary moments as we got him settled in his new classroom and said goodbye. Since it was a full day, we couldn't do our new tradition of having ice cream for lunch. But since CSR asked me to, I came back and had lunch with him. He has a great teacher! She seemed to really understand what was going on. At lunch, she reported that he had a great morning and is a hard worker. Not sure if she already knew this would be a good idea, but she put CSR next to one of his friends from his class last year, so that was a comfort. I should have known something was up though when we went to Molly Moon's for ice cream.


He wasn't all that excited and then didn't want the rest of his ice cream (lucky for me he ordered a flavor I like). So after a full day of school, we figure it out-- he's got a fever. A dose of Tylenol seemed to help. Not sure what this will mean for the second day of school though. Stay tuned...
P.S. RTR was quite happy about CSR's first day of school. As the picture shows.

No comments: