Sunday, November 4, 2007

Muddy Buddy




I'm happy to say our boys do NOT suffer from Nature Deficit Disorder. CSR spent his afternoon in the front yard, digging with his garden tools, filling in his "pool" with the hose and getting muddy. He was so content watching the pool fill and drain down the waterfall. It was pretty amazing how long he was into that project. He could probably spend the whole day playing in the front yard if we let him. He even took his lunch outside, setting up a makeshift picnic table on a cooler and sitting on the brass powder room stool that's been banished to the garage. On weekends, he's out front quite a bit thanks to papa working in the yard and garage. But during the week, I'm not a big fan of hanging out in the front yard as much and it's a family rule of no playing in the front yard alone. For some reason, our fully fenced backyard doesn't have the same appeal. But I am glad that he will play out there too.


Took RTR this afternoon to visit the newsroom where I used to work. It was great to see my old friends-- it has been about six months since I quit. Time flies! Miss the people, not the work so much.

No comments: