Friday, November 9, 2007

The Long Walk Home

This post is more about me than the boys. Today I made quite a journey. I was babysitting two dear little ones-- Evan who is 3 1/2 and his 14 month old sister Lily-- this morning while CSR was at preschool. Since I don't own a minivan, when it came time to go get CSR at school, I had to hoof it--Lily in the stroller, RTR in the Bjorn and Evan speed walking alongside me. I am quite proud of him-- he walked almost the whole way (and back), except when I thought I was going to be late and made him hop on the stroller so I could speed walk the rest of the way. Poor RTR probably got the worst of the long walk, being jostled in the Bjorn. Once we got there (did I mention it was uphill?), I got to rest--C and Evan ran around playing on the school playground. I'm sure we were quite the site walking home too--Lily and CSR in the Sit-n-Stand, RTR back in the Bjorn and Evan hoofin' it along side me. His only request: "Could you walk a little slower?" Is it possible for babies to give looks of disdain? I swear RTR on the way home had a little look like that. The roundtrip took an hour and a half. Hopefully none of the kiddos are any worse for the wear. When we got home, my friend Leah (E & L's mom) was waiting for us, even walking down the block to meet us. I think I earned a dish of ice cream or something tonight.

No comments: