Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mad, Sad and Disappointed

It all started with a poopy diaper. The boys and I headed downtown this morning for our annual visit to Santa. While on our way out to the carousel, RTR filled his diaper. After Tyler and CSR took a spin on the carousel, we headed to Macy's. After debating where to meet inside, Tyler and CSR went to look at the train window display while RTR and I headed to the 6th floor and the "Family" bathroom. The sign said to get the key for the bathroom at Gift Wrap. The woman in Gift Wrap said there was no key, someone had failed to return it but that there was a baby changing station in the women's room on the second floor. I beat feet to the second floor women's restroom-- or "Lounge" as it was labeled. A quick spin through the spacious lounge revealed no changing station. My first clue should have been the woman kneeling on the floor changing her newborn baby's diaper on a bench in the lounge. By the time I got situated in a handicap stall, the poo had leaked out-- onto his undershirt, shirt and pants. Of course I was the lame mother who decided NOT to bring the mega package of wipes when I switched baby bags to come downtown. I had one wet wash cloth and a Huggies disposable wash cloth to clean everything up. Thankfully there is a paper towel dispenser in the stall. The spare clothes I did bring didn't have the same holiday flair as the original outfit. But I made due with a clean onesie, slightly poop-stained pants and a cute holiday vest. So it was back up to the 6th floor (where we decided to meet originally) to meet Tyler and CSR. I waited for 20 minutes by the elevator. This is where I curse our having only one cell phone between us. I decide maybe they went down to the 5th floor to where Santa is. So it's back on the elevator to the 5th floor, follow the signs through the furniture department to find Santa's hang out. I get there and not only is no one there but a sign saying Santa went to feed is reindeer and will be back at 3:30-- 45 minutes away. Just then the cell phone rings. It's Tyler asking me where I am. He's on the first floor now after having spent 20 or more minutes waiting for me outside the "Family" bathroom on the 6th floor. By now I am livid-- at Macy's, Santa, the company that does the photography and myself for the whole mess. By the time I got to the first floor, I was so mad, I told Tyler I couldn't talk about it. Going to Nordstrom wasn't an option. It's notorious for crazy long lines to see Santa and we were now out of time-- RTR and I had to be in the U-District at 4:00pm. RTR definitely had no idea what we missed and CSR seemed to understand. We'll try again another day. I think I need more sleep.

No comments: