Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pre-Natal Tests

When I was pregnant with RTR two years ago, I remember feeling a little anxious when it came to a couple of those pre-natal tests... the ones used to determine whether more testing is needed for Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18. I read a little about what Trisomy 18 was, but didn't give it much thought. Tonight while watching Oprah (it's replayed at 9pm in our market), there was this bawl-your-eyes-out segment about a baby born with Trisomy 18. Elliott's parents ended up celebrating every day of his life-- and now a small part of it is on YouTube. Made me realize how important it is to slow down and celebrate (not in a cake and ice cream sort of way) each day we have with our children.
The top picture was taken tonight... moments after the cute part. I ran to get the camera as RTR sat down in the hallway next to CSR, both enjoying an after dinner cookie. I love that RTR grabbed the biggest cookie in the container. The second picture is of them in the yard this weekend, helping their dad. Start 'em early on those chores.


No comments: