Saturday, October 11, 2008

Smiley on the Front Step

Did I ever tell you that October is my favorite month? And that's not just because both my birthday and our anniversary are in October. I love the leaves changing colors, visits to the pumpkin patch, deciding on Halloween costumes, pumpkin pie and setting up our scarecrow. I guess he's not really a true scarecrow, sitting on our front porch in a folding lawn chair instead of hanging out in a corn field somewhere. But anyway, we set Smiley up last week. That's what CSR thought his name should be. We surrounded him with the fruits of our backyard pumpkin patch... seven pumpkins about as big as beach balls-- green beach balls. We had to take additional action to get them to start turning orange. Once they're carved, in the dark though, no one will be able to tell if they're orange or green.


No comments: