Saturday, August 23, 2008

It All Started in Kindergarten

Kindergarten has turned out to be stressful-- for me. We've spent months trying to figure out which school would be the best for CSR. Darn the school district for giving us choices! It all started when a parent (and former teacher) told me about her experiences with the kindergarten teacher at our neighborhood school. It was not positive. Next came two more parents (and teachers) who also added their knowledge of this person. Again, not positive-- one going to far as to say "that as a parent in good conscience, she could never put her child in that teacher's class."

I had already been looking at the school district's alternative school as another choice. But by the time I made up my mind, there was a waiting list. Applied anyway. In the end, maybe all this work and stress and talk didn't matter. Today a letter arrived from our neighborhood school for kindergartners... and it's signed by a completely different teacher than the one I had been worried about. Of course, in the back of my mind, I'm wondering, did that teacher get married or something and change her name? Here's to the first day of school...where ever we end up.

No comments: