Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life at 15 Months


RTR just had is 15 month check up. I guess not getting in to see the doctor until RTR is almost 16 months (as of tomorrow), shows what a great (popular) doctor we have.

Anyway, here are the statistics:
He weighs in at a lean 21 pounds, 14 ounces. That puts him in the 15th percentile.
He measures up to a tall 31-3/4 inches. He ranks in the 70th percentile for weight.

Tall and skinny. I can't even compare it to his one year visit because I can't find the info. sheet from that doctor visit. I was surprised he weighs only 21 pounds. I thought he was a little more hefty. The nurse also freaked me out when she asked how many words RTR says clearly... and I had to say none. But then the doctor came in and said, no, the count of 4-6 words at this age is sounds of intent, not actual words. Thank goodness! Our little willow of a boy has at least 4-6 distinct sounds that we recognize. Da is dog. Dree is drink (milk). Bah is ball. Ha is hi--usually into a telephone--either a play or real phone. Mom-mom-mom-mom seems to be his version of more. He also signs more, but more what is the bigger question.

1 comment:

Lisa of Lisa's Little House said...

Oh my...what a big boy...And, I remember his first workshop at the studio....

It was great to see you at the book signing. Thanks for coming. Sorry we couldn't visit...but it was packed! - Lisa