Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree


It took a little bit longer than I would have liked, but finally we have our tree up. Helping increase the Christmas spirit around here. We drove out to the same farm yesterday we went to last year. This year, only a cloudy sky. Last year, we trooped out to the farmer's field in the middle of a big snow storm. I'm sure if you look at last year's blog post, there are full details there.

CSR was really eager to get the tree decorated. He really got into looking at all the ornaments. Our collection of special ones grows each year. I think they're crowding out the "filler" ornaments, the basic glass bulbs. It was fun looking at them all and talking about them, where they came from, what they represent. One of my favorites is the snowman I made for Tyler back in 1999. I can't remember the significance exactly. But I thought my construction was pretty ingenious-- using a twig for the arms, making a tiny felt hat and the teeny carrot nose.

The little blue stocking for RTR's first Christmas.


The glittery pine cone marking the summer camping trip with just the boys.
It will be interesting to see how RTR reacts to the tree tomorrow. He was in bed by the time we broke out the decorations. Most of the ornaments within his reach aren't delicate or breakable. Nothing that a little glue couldn't fix. I have a few others that need some repair work.

No comments: