Sunday, July 6, 2008

Back to the Beginning

I should have written about this last month... when CSR's preschool got out for the summer. It was the last day of school but the usual rush to get out the door and to school on time-- eat, get dressed, blah, blah, blah. As I got breakfast into RTR and both him and myself dressed, CSR (who's still wearing pajamas) announces he doesn't want to go to school. I tell him we're going and hand him clothes to put on. In my mind, I thought after all these months, we're back to square one... the first days (weeks actually) of school, where it was a daily battle to get CSR dressed and out the door. There were a few times where he even wore pajamas to school because I wasn't going to wait. But imagine my surprise when I come out of the baby's bedroom ready for CSR to still be in pj's and he's completely dressed. He's still saying that he doesn't want to go to school, but he walks out to the car, gets in and off we go. There was no big end of the year send off or preschool graduation ceremony, but CSR did get a chance to say goodbye to his teachers after class.



They're all special, but Teacher Donna will have a special place in our hearts. She was CSR's buddy at the beginning of the year when this drop off preschool was a big step.

No comments: